- Inventory (valued)
- Letter authorizing Destination Agent to clear shipment
- CUSTOMER'S PRESENCE AT CUSTOMS EXAMINATION IS RECOMMENDED
- All items dutiable, except used personal effects (clothing and toilet articles)
- Antiques with a certificate of authenticity from an authorized dealer or expert
- Duty may become payable on an assessed value at the Customs Officer's discretion
- Weapons and ammunition
- Plants (Health Certificate required)
- Articles contrary to Bahamian religious beliefs or morality will not be allowed into the country
- Import permit prior to shipping
- Copy of auto title is required
- An invoice is required for recently purchased autos
- Value of $10,000 or less-45% duty + 7% stamp tax
- Value of $10,000-$20,000-50% duty + 7% stamp tax
- Value over $20,000-65% + 7% stamp tax
DUTY AND TAX RATE
- The most common charges that a transferee may incur is 35% duty + 7% stamp tax. (Duty and stamp tax are on a C.I.F. value)
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.