- Passport (original)
- Work Permit
- Residence Permit (valid for two years, endorsed on the Passport)
- Insurance Certificate
- Bank Guarantee
- Customs Bond
- Proof of Employment
- Inventory (a clear copy, detailed and in English) -- PBO "packed by owner" not acceptable
- Certificate from Arab Chamber of Commerce at origin
- CUSTOMER'S PRESENCE AT CUSTOMS CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
- All shipments are 100% inspected
- Used household goods and personal effects are duty-free but subject to the owner obtaining a Residence Permit for a two year minimum. If a two year permit is unobtainable, shipment can be cleared upon payment of a customs deposit.
- New items (purchase invoices required, are dutiable)
- Tobacco, alcoholic and perfume products are highly dutiable
- Personal computers and all musical instruments including pianos are dutiable
- Videocassettes are subject to a screening fee
- Cordless telephones are subject to inspection by the Ministry of Labour
- Foodstuff is subject to a Health Inspection and dutiable
- Narcotic drugs
- Pornographic pictures, films, videos and literature
- Weapons, firearms, and ammunition (including decorative or toy items of this nature)
- Products of Israeli origin or anything related to Israel is banned and liable for confiscation
- Political and religious literature offensive to Islam and the Bahrain government is banned and liable for confiscation/prosecution
- Wireless transmitters, communications equipment and satellite dish antennas
- ALL PRINTED MATTER, FILMS, BOOKS, PICTURES, RECORDS, TAPES, SLIDES, MOVIES, VIDEOS, COMPACT DISCS, COMPUTER SOFTWARE, ETC. SUBJECT TO CENSORSHIP AND CONFISCATION (MUST BE PACKED SEPARATELY FOR EASY ACCESS)
- VIOLATORS SUBJECT TO SEVERE PENALTIES, including possible JAIL TERM
- If a carton is suspected to contain prohibited items, the entire carton is kept in Customs for further scrutiny. Prohibited items will be confiscated, destroyed or shipped out at Customer's expense.
- MEDICINES require a check by the Ministry of Health
- Duty is applicable
- Documents required:
- Original passport
- Current Insurance Policy (for Bahrain)
- Residence Permit (valid for two years)
- Certificate of Registration
- Title of ownership
- Health Certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian at the place of origin abroad (This Certificate must be in English)
- Import License required
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.