- CUSTOMERS MUST BE PRESENT AT CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- Household and personal effects may be imported duty and tax free provided they have been owned and used for at least 12 months
- Firearms subject to high duty and require special Import Permit
- All items falling under "Barbados Miscellaneous Control Act" (e.g. motor vehicles, new furniture, etc.) require Import Licenses
- Meat requires a health certificate and must be inspected by the Port Health Authority
- Plants must be inspected by plant quarantine office before being allowed into Barbados
- Subject to duty and motor vehicle tax and requires an Import Permit from the Ministry of External Affairs, Christchurch, Barbados
- Documents required:
- Owners log book
- Insurance policy
- Commercial invoice
- Import License
- Pets must be quarantined in the United Kingdom for a period of six (6) months
- Illegal Drugs
DUTY AND TAX RATE %
- Basic rates of duty range from 5%-40% of CIF Bridgetown Value
- Value Added Tax is 15%
- Jewelry, clocks and watches are subject to duty and tax
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.