- Residence Permit or Work Permit is required for non-nationals
- CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- Used household goods and personal effects imported duty-free if owned and used for a minimum of one year
- Belize nationals must have been out of the country for at least one year to be entitled to duty-free entry of household goods and personal effects
- Items must arrive within six months of owner's arrival
- New items (less than one year old) are dutiable and purchase invoice required
- New items that are duty-free include: refrigerators, computers, stoves and most sports items
- Autos are examined by Customs for valuation depending on their condition and year of manufacture
- Ownership papers required
- Duties applicable
- Boats require Import Permit (Permit is very difficult to obtain for boats made of wood)
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.