- Passport (copy)
- Power of Attorney
- Residence Permit
- Housing rental contract (usually two year minimum period required)
- Inventory signed by Customer (with values) in Czech
- Must state make, model and serial number and declare the value of any hi-tech equipment (computers, stereos, etc.)
- Antiques, works of art, paintings, etc.: photographs are required for Customs (special clearance may occur)
- Letter from employer confirming position of Customer and stating that employer will pay any duties or taxes applicable
- Authorization from Customer for Destination Agent to arrange Customs clearance
- Bank guarantee of 50% of the total value of the shipment will be requested by the Customs office. The bank guarantee will be returned to the Customer after the export documents, stamped at the border, are hand delivered to the Customs office.
- CUSTOMER DOES NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC WHEN THE SHIPMENT ARRIVES
- Household goods and personal effects are not permitted unless Customer's employer has a license to do business in the Czech Republic
- Customer must be accredited and registered with the local authorities in the Czech Republic or he must be employed by a foreign embassy
- New items
- Commercial goods
- Wine: 2 liters per person maximum
- Spirits: 1 liter per person maximum
- Tobacco: 200 cigarettes or 250 grams
Anything above the maximum is subject to duty, VAT and SPD (excise tax).
- Tobacco products
- Plants will need a FITO Certificate
- Firearms may only be imported after a gun license has been issued
- Fresh meat
- Pornographic material
- Autos may be imported and the same requirements apply as with household goods and personal effects
- Non personal autos are prohibited
- Documents required:
- Driver's License
- International Insurance Policy (Green Card)
- Bank guarantee of security deposit is always required
- Purchase invoice
- Certificate of Health
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.