- Passport with entry stamp (original), for each member of the family
- Valued Inventory, in Spanish or English, legible (with no declared values)
- Shipping advice including a contact address for client
- CUSTOMER'S PRESENCE IN GUATEMALA IS REQUIRED TO CLEAR SHIPMENT
- All household goods and personal effects are subject to Customs duties and taxes. If no value appears on the documents, Customs will determine the value of the shipment
- All shipments inspected
- SURFACE shipments:
- Clearance at a bonded warehouse recommended
- Weapons and ammunition
- Legitimate archaeological or colonial articles
- Will undergo physical inspection by Customs, to verify: make, model, year, engine size, serial number and accessories - any "luxury" accessories such as radio/cassette, air conditioning, magnesium wheels, etc. will result in VERY HIGH DUTY
- Autos with foreign license plates may enter country with temporary permit (30 days), but the owner cannot leave the country unless his car has been re-exported or all import duties have been paid
- Duties will be based on C.I.F. value as determined by Customs
- Documents required:
- Passport with entry stamp (original)
- Original Title (proof of ownership)
- Original Bill of Sale and two copies or Invoice legalized by the Guatemalan Consulate at origin
- Registration card
- B/L invoice, and proof of ownership documents must be legalized by Guatemalan consulate at origin
All vechicle data is verified by customs officials who also determine the value for payment of duties and taxes.
It is advised to NOT consolidating autos with the HHGs shipment! It takes an average of 2 weeks to customs clear a vehicle. Registration and application for license tags are a separate process.
- Subject to duties
- Health/Vaccination Certificate legalized by the Guatemalan Consulate in the origin country required and must be dated less than 30 days prior to arrival in Guatemala
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.