- Import License
- Title of vehicle- (for autos)
- Bill of Lading
- Bill of sight
- Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC)
- Import Entry - C78
Household effects are those items basic to the home. For example, furniture, televisions, radios, stoves, refrigerators. Personal and household goods which are not in commercial quantities may be cleared without the services of a licensed Customs Broker. Goods which have a CIF value of the Jamaican equivalent to United States one thousand dollars (US $1,000) or less, may be cleared without the services of a licensed Customs Broker. The clearance of goods valued in excess of this amount will require the services of a licensed Customs Broker.
The customs Tariff, Item 6 of the Second Schedule, allows for each passenger to receive duty concessions in respect to the following:
- A reasonable quantity of waring apparel, articles of personal adornment and toiletries requisites whether new or used
- Instruments and tools to be used by shipper for the purpose of his profession, trade, occupation or employment, provided that they have been in his possession and bona fide use for a reasonable period
- Tobacco and some potable articles including wines and spirits in his baggage or on his person which he might reasonably be expected to carry with him for his personal use, in such quantities as the Commissioner may from time to time approve
- Used household effects which have been in the passenger's use for a reasonable period of time and are not imported for sale
- Meat - requires a certificate
- Ground Provisions - require a certificate
- Fruits and Vegetables - require a certificate
- Drugs - require a PSD certificate
- Firearms - require a permit/license to import
- Used Types - require a certificate
- Radios (two way) - require a permit
- Coins - base or counterfeit of any country
- Indecent or obscene prints
- Cinematography films
- Engraving books
- Packages or packets having there on, or the cover thereof, any words, marks or designs which are grossly offensive or, of an indecent or obscene character.
- A returning resident can import two new or used autos (one commercial and one personal) in any three year period
- Used vehicles can not be more than four years old
- Customer will require a customs broker
- Documents required:
- Import License which must be obtained before auto is shipped
- Driver's license (Customer can drive in Jamaica for one year before a Jamaican license is required)
- Insurance Certificate
- Certificate of Title or registration documents
- Vehicles require invoice detailing the model, accessories and CIF value.
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- A permit from the Veterinary Division of the Ministry of Agriculture must be obtained prior to importation
- Quarantine may be required
- Dogs and cats born and bred in the United Kingdom are the only dogs and cats permitted importation
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your llocal embassy or consulate.