The following list of documents are needed for importation:
- Way Bill
- Packing List
- Copy of the passport and valid visa
- Power of attorney document
- Performa Invoice
- The consignee should be present at the destination and should have a valid visa.
- The consignee should be employed with a registered company.
- Temporary import of HHG and personal effects in Kazakhstan is duty and taxes free. This is valid for one year and can be renewed every year until the time the expatriate has finished his stay and is ready to re-export the shipment.
- Permanent import of HHG and personal effects is subject to customs duties and taxes. Additionally, a V.A.T. of 20% is charged on the import.
- Only a limited amount of foodstuff, new items, and electronics are allowed duty free.
- Pornographic material
- Live animals
Some Restricted goods include but are not limited to:
- Vodka and other alcoholic drinks - 1 Liter (l)
- Wine - 3 l
- Beer - 5 l
- Tobacco - 200 cigarettes or 250g of tobacco
- Sugar - 1 kg
- Chocolate - 3kg
- Coffee - 2 kg
- Jewelry - 50 kg
- Petrol - 20 l
- Car - 1 car
It is very difficult for a foreigner to import a car into Lithuania. Companies can sometime import cars, though.
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, NorthAmerican International cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.