- Passport (must show last entry stamp)
- Work Permit
- Certificate of Change of Residence
- "Attestation reservation de cale"
- Bank Guarantee
- Inventory (detailed in French, valued, dated, and signed by customer)
- Importers Declaration for Customs
- Health Certificate, showing that the customer has been vaccinated against yellow fever (compulsory) and cholera (optional)
- Letter of transfer from customer’s employer
- CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT AT CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- All shipments inspected
- All goods less than six months in owner's possession are dutiable (invoices required)
- Home computers
- Art objects, jewelry and antiques (depends on quantity)
- Customer must pay a 5% statistical tax on the declared value of inventory unless customer belongs to an exempted organization or project in Niger.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Radio equipment
- New cars are dutiable
- Documents required:
- Original Purchase Invoice
- Log Book/Registration Card
- International Insurance
- Valid passport
- Health Certificate signed and dated by a veterinarian, showing that the animal has been vaccinated against rabies
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.