CUSTOMS REGULATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION
Returning Paraguay Citizen: All Paraguayan living abroad for more than 2 years may import duty and port tax free their used personal effects, HHGS and tools of trade, but they can not import vehicles duty free. Required documentation to be presented in person (3 weeks prior to shipment arrival) to the Repatriation Office in Asuncion to obtain the required Repatriation Certificate:
- Paraguayan ID
- ID from Origin country
- Inventory (in Spanish)
- Bill of Lading visaed by the Paraguayan Consulate at origin in two (2) sets
- Letter/Certificate from the Paraguayan Consulate at origin
Temporary Residents: Port taxes and duties for household goods, personal effects and vehicles are applicable. Temporary Residence Permit (valid for one year, 2 months to process) is required to enable import!
Permanent Residents: They may import their household goods and personal effects duty and port tax free, within the first six months of obtaining the residence permit. Required documentation to be presented in person (3 weeks prior to shipment arrival) to the Immigration Office in Asuncion to obtain the required Customs Certificate:
- Inventory visaed by the Paraguayan Consulate at origin
- Bill of Lading visaed by the Paraguayan Consulate at origin
- Original residence permit
In both cases, additional documents and steps are required after the immigrants arrive, to obtain residence in Paraguay. Please contact the Paraguayan Consulate for additional information.
Foreign Diplomats: They may import their household goods and personal effects duty free, but must pay port taxes.
- Molds and machinery designated for the manufacture of currency
- Daggers, Stilettos, hatchets
- Canes or fans
- Firearms, swords
- Immoral or obscene books or films, folders, printed matters, paintings, illustrations or objects
- Military equipment, arms or any war machinery
- Gambling items
- Food items (restricted: requires health inspection that will prolong process)
- Bill of lading
- Pre-shipment inspection Certificate (Car Condition Report)
- SGS or Veritas Verification Certificate
Duty free entry for diplomats only
Health and vaccination certificates required.
All required documents must be in hands of the Agent at least two weeks before the arrival of the shipment. If these documents do not arrive as indicated, additional expenses could be incurred.
NOTE - Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.